Seasonal affective disorder is estimated to affect 10 million Americans. SAD is four times more common in women than in men.
Some call it SAD, I call it the winter blues, although it’s been known to hit me across a span of seasons before.
We have had endless snow, it’s been weeks of grey, snowy conditions. Since outdoor time is limited during these harsh winter months I’ve been adding a little extra self care into my routine to maintain my sanity.
It’s a well know fact that those that wake up early are more successful in all aspects of their lives. Providing a consistent routine, with some essential oils, exercise, and yoga I’ve been pushing past the black abyss.
There are so many different ways in which each person feels motivated. For me lists, routine, exercise and little things that bring me happiness are what motivates me.
If you’ve been feeling the suck of the blues this winter I’d like to share few things that work for me, as well as a few essential oil recipes that help me maintain my sanity.
- Wake up at the same time everyday, allowing yourself at least a half hour before the hustle and bustle of your day starts. Sometimes as a mom it’s hard for me to beat my early risers so some mornings I’ve been content with a half hour or less of me time. I’m a loner by nature so having time for myself is a must in order to minimize mom burnout.
- Meditate, if you don’t like to meditate then dedicate time each day to visualizing the life you want for yourself. Put yourself at the top of your list today. Where do you see yourself in a years time? Are you happy with your current position? Whatever your goals and aspirations may be, meditate on it. Zero in on it. What you believe will come true if you put work into it.
- Diffuse Essential Oils in your home, in your workspace on your way to work. You can set the tone of your day by diffusing.
- Early morning yoga is an excellent way to start your day. If you are crunched for time, yoga and meditation can easily be combined together.
- Pray, put positive vibes out there for yourself.
- Music, simply there is therapy in music. I like to turn on soft music in the morning while I get my morning going. It helps me wake up, and is much less depressing than watching the news.
Happy Roller Recipe
An uplifting roller blend to ease anxiety and depression.
- 7 drops stress away
- 9 drops orange
- Dilute with coconut oil.
This is my go to Roller bottle. It has a sweet citrus scent that provides emotional happiness. Use as needed throughout the day. It’s great diffused as well.
Help yourself unwind after a busy day, by diffusing. Has a calming woodsy vibe.
- 5 drops Stress Away
- 5 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce
- 1 drop Peppermint
These are just two of my favorite recipes to help battle the winter blues.
I also find that ingesting 1 drop of copaiba a day helps to maintain my overall health. Mentally and physically.
If you find yourself feeling a bit blue during the winter I’d encourage you to try essential oils. It’s an excellent addition to your daily routine. Providing you with emotional, mental and physical support through different blends.
The oils I mentioned can be purchased here.
If you are interested in adding additional income to your home I’d love to share with you the different ways I side hustle.