I recently was diagnosed with an obnoxious ailment called costochondritis. After a visit to the ER I was diagnosed with this particularly odd new to me condition.
If you haven’t heard of it I will brief you in a few bullet points some fun facts about it.
- Feels exactly like a heart attack
- Chest crushingly painful
- Can be caused from emotional stress (most likely my problem)
- Or too much physical exertion (also a runner up to the root of the problem)
- It is in inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone
- The popping sensation I feel across my chest isn’t in fact a good thing.
- It’s probably one of the most painful things I’ve experienced, and I’ve birthed two children
Anyways, I read what I could about it. Chatted with my physician and was informed about the Mediterranean Diet. Now I’m not a big fan of diets or fad diets. I think most the time they do more harm then good however I am intrigued with this particular diet because it is supposed to reduce inflammation. And changing my diet a bit is definitely worth it if I can rid myself of the feeling of a heart attack.
I’ve been eating a lot of fish. And surprisingly I’m not sick of it yet.
I thought I’d share my hubbies creation using Essential Oils to cook seriously the best Salmon I’ve ever tasted. Before this recipe I would dry heave at the sight of Salmon.
If you are in the market for some Basil Vitality Oil you can purchase some here.
Or you can always opt to use fresh Basil of course.
Basil & Lemon Salmon Filet
2 cloves of garlic
12 Tbsp Light Virgin Olive Oil
2 drops Basil Vitality Oil (mixed with 2 tsps water)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp lemon juice (or you can substitute with 2 drops Lemon Vitality Oil mixed with 2 tsp water)
16 oz Salmon Filet
- Mix Garlic, Oil, Basil, Salt, Pepper, and Lemon together in a bowl.
- Place salmon in light greased baking dish.
- Smother, and I mean smother Salmon with garlic and basil mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover the salmon in the glass pan with foil and cook for 35-45 minutes.
It’s a super simple recipe. Nothing to crazy, but it is unbelievably good. We’ve also substituted the olive oil for coconut oil and it’s been just as tasty.
Have you had luck with chronic inflammation and dietary changes?
I know with my bladder disease I find that diet plays a very large role in my health and how I feel.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!